The Program is specially designed for individuals wishing to pursue a career in Sales & Marketing. The program provides basic understanding of contemporary approaches to acquiring, retaining and growing business with various stakeholders in the market in an efficient and effective manner. The Program would help participants in developing broad understanding of emerging Sales & Marketing frameworks and their relationships with other business functions to grow in the market and will also focus on ‘cutting edge’ issues concerning sales and marketing practices including brand, services, distribution channel management and people management issues. The program faculty will focus on synergy between in-field practice and in-class learning. The program would also provide opportunities for specialized focus on Sales Management for Pharmaceutical, Banking and Financial services, FMCG Industries along with Industrial Sales.
The program will help the participant to:
- Understand & identify the challenges in today’s market place.
- Understanding the roles and responsibilities of a sales manager.
- Understand the Customer and Market Orientation for Business Success.
- Understand the Conceptual framework for sales and marketing.
- Be able to learn how to manage, motivate and lead sales team.
- Understand the fundamentals of channel design, development and management decisions.
- Gain an appreciation of the sector specific issues in marketing of Pharmaceutical, Banking and Financial services, FMCG Industries and Industrial products.
Classroom Component: This component forms the core of EPSM. Spread over 1 year, faculty from IIMC will take these modules. .
Campus Component: The in-campus component is held at the beginning, during or end of the 1-year program. This is a crucial component covering 7 days. It is compulsory for all participants.
Level 1: General Management for Marketing :
- Module 1: Fundamentals of Management
- Module 2: People Skills for Sales & Marketing Professionals
Level 2: Specialized Modules in Marketing
- Module 3: Marketing Management
- Module 4: Sales & Distribution Management
- Module 5: Market Research
- Module 6: Advanced Product & Service Management
- Module 7: Marketing Strategy
- Module 8 Digital Marketing
- Module 9: Contemporary Issues in Marketing
The pedagogy will be highly interactive. It will leverage use of technology and will consist of a judicious blend of lectures, real life case studies, quizzes, and assignments.
IIM Calcutta shall carry out the examination and evaluation required for certification. IIM Calcutta will directly award a certificate of completion to participants who complete the program successfully.
Eligibility & Selection:
- Applicants should be working professionals/self-employed
- Graduates (10+2+3) in any discipline with min. 50% marks [aggregate - considering results of all years (e.g. 3 or 4 together)] recognized by UGC/AICTE.
- Minimum 2 years of work experience (full-time paid employment) post completion of graduation as on Application Closure Date
Screening and selection will be done solely by IIMC. Selection process and academics are solely at the discretion of the Institute.
Prof. Ramendra Singh and Prof. Suren Sista
Application form for the programs can be downloaded from http://www.hugheseducation.com